struts-user mailing list archives

From Mike Duffy <mduffy_li...@yahoo.com>
Subject Annotations and Struts
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 06:04:09 GMT
The Austin JUG meeting tonight featured the J2SE 5.0 presentation from Sum.

I am currently using the new annotations feature on a test project using EJB 3.0 and JBoss.
 It is
very cool; just annotate your entity beans and the server does all the database mappings.

As I was listening to tonight's presentation, I thought it would be a good idea to annotate
the
same entity beans with "formParameter" annotations; i.e., do away with form beans and the
mapping
of form beans to business model objects.

I know this is exactly what is planned for JSF (making the backing beans and entity beans
one in
the same); however, I do not want to move to JSF at this time (maybe the change will be worth
while when JSF truly has some rich client components; until then, why make such a radical
change
from something that is working well).

In any case, has anyone given serious thought to doing away with form beans in Struts and
moving
to annotations?

Mike