storm-user mailing list archives

From Paul Jose <paul...@ugamsolutions.com>
Subject Re: Problem moving topology from 1.2.3 to 2.2.0 - tuple distribution across cluster
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2020 20:06:38 GMT
Hi Michael,

Could it be that the tuples are getting executed much faster on the ontology bolt workers
than at what rate your transform bolt is executing? Therefore the same node would always be
ready faster than other workers on other nodes..
If your transform bolt is executing faster than how fast your ontology bolts are processing,
then I'm not really sure why you're facing this issue..

Best Regards,
Paul
________________________________
From: Michael Giroux <michael_a_giroux@yahoo.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 14, 2020 12:23:43 AM
To: user@storm.apache.org <user@storm.apache.org>
Subject: Problem moving topology from 1.2.3 to 2.2.0 - tuple distribution across cluster

Hello, all,

I have a topology with 16 workers running across 4 nodes.  This topology has a bolt "transform"
with executors=1 producing a stream that is comsumed by a bolt "ontology" with executors=160.
 Everything is configured as shufflegrouping.

With Storm 1.2.3 all of the "ontology" bolts get their fair share of tuples.  When I run Storm
2.2.0 only the "ontology" bolts that are on the same node as the single "transform" bolt get
tuples.

Same cluster - same baseline code - only difference is binding in the new maven artifact.

No errors in the logs.

Any thoughts would be welcome.  Thanks!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Disclaimer----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Views and opinions expressed in this e-mail belong to  their author and do not necessarily
represent views and opinions  of Ugam.
Our employees are obliged not to make any defamatory statement or infringe any legal right.

Therefore, Ugam does not accept any responsibility or liability for such statements. The content
of this email is confidential and intended for the recipient specified in message only. It
is strictly forbidden to share any part of this message with any third party, without a written
consent of the sender.
If you have received this message by mistake, please reply to this message and follow with
its deletion, so that we can ensure such a mistake does not occur in the future.
Warning: Sufficient measures have been taken to scan any presence of viruses however the recipient
should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses as full security of
the email cannot be ensured despite our best efforts.
Therefore, Ugam accepts no liability for any damage inflicted by viewing the content of this
email.. ****

Please do not print this email unless it is necessary. Every unprinted email helps the environment.