storm-user mailing list archives

From nicol...@uom.gr
Subject Message Passing Implementation
Date Sun, 08 Nov 2020 17:36:47 GMT
Hello,

I hope my email finds all of you well. I am a Phd candidate and I am
writing to you with regard to scheduling in Apache Storm. According to
the MPI implementation of Storm the workers manage connections to other
workers and maintain a mapping from task to task. Also, transferring
takes in a task id and a tuple, and it serializes the tuple and puts it
onto a "transfer queue”.

The question is, if there is a way to organise scheduling, such that
certain tasks of an operator communicate to only certain tasks of the
following operator at a given time according to the application’s
topology (could ZeroMQ possibly do something like this?). Any hint would
help.

Thank you in advance for your valuable help.

Kind regards,
Nicole