storm-user mailing list archives

From Paul Jose <paul...@ugamsolutions.com>
Subject Scheme in Spouts
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2020 11:13:42 GMT
Hi,

My name is Paul. I am tasked with upgrading a storm topology running on the 0.10.0 version
to 2.2.0.
Flux was used for the configuration.
This is the configuration used for the spout in 0.10.0.

components:

  - className: com.platform.metric.spouts.SimpleJSONScheme
    id: jsonScheme

  - className: backtype.storm.spout.SchemeAsMultiScheme
    constructorArgs:
      -
        ref: jsonScheme
    id: stringMultiScheme

  - className: storm.kafka.ZkHosts
    constructorArgs:
      - "${kafka.zk.host}"
    id: zkHosts

  - className: storm.kafka.SpoutConfig
    constructorArgs:
      -
        ref: zkHosts
      - "${kafka.topic}"
      - ""
      - stormKafka1
    id: kafkaSpoutConfig
    properties:
      -
        name: ignoreZkOffsets
        value: false
      -
        name: "startOffsetTime"
        value: -1
      -
        name: scheme
        ref: stringMultiScheme
      -
        name: fetchSizeBytes
        value: 8388608

I've updated most of the topology to 2.2.0 but I can't seem to find any mention of schemes
in 2.2.0.
Can somebody point me in the right direction on how to upgrade. Do I have to use the Deserialiser
class and apply the implmentation there and then pass it as teh value for the "value.deserialiser"
property of the spout?

Any direction or suggestion would be really helpful.

Best Regards,

Paul Jose
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Disclaimer----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Views and opinions expressed in this e-mail belong to  their author and do not necessarily
represent views and opinions  of Ugam.
Our employees are obliged not to make any defamatory statement or infringe any legal right.

Therefore, Ugam does not accept any responsibility or liability for such statements. The content
of this email is confidential and intended for the recipient specified in message only. It
is strictly forbidden to share any part of this message with any third party, without a written
consent of the sender.
If you have received this message by mistake, please reply to this message and follow with
its deletion, so that we can ensure such a mistake does not occur in the future.
Warning: Sufficient measures have been taken to scan any presence of viruses however the recipient
should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses as full security of
the email cannot be ensured despite our best efforts.
Therefore, Ugam accepts no liability for any damage inflicted by viewing the content of this
email.. ****

Please do not print this email unless it is necessary. Every unprinted email helps the environment.