storm-user mailing list archives

From Paul Jose <paul...@ugamsolutions.com>
Subject Re: Scheme in Spouts
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2020 07:50:24 GMT
Hi Rui,

Thank you so much. Don't know how I overlooked that. This works well. Thanks again.

Best Regards,

Paul Jose

________________________________
From: Rui Abreu <rui.abreu@gmail.com>
Sent: 24 September 2020 16:59
To: user@storm.apache.org <user@storm.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Scheme in Spouts

Hi Paul,

The class still exists under a new package:

https://storm.apache.org/releases/current/javadocs/org/apache/storm/spout/SchemeAsMultiScheme.html<https://storm.apache.org/releases/current/javadocs/org/apache/storm/spout/SchemeAsMultiScheme.html>

On Thu, 24 Sep 2020 at 12:14, Paul Jose <paul.j2@ugamsolutions.com<mailto:paul.j2@ugamsolutions.com>>
wrote:

Hi,

My name is Paul. I am tasked with upgrading a storm topology running on the 0.10.0 version
to 2.2.0.
Flux was used for the configuration.
This is the configuration used for the spout in 0.10.0.

components:

  - className: com.platform.metric.spouts.SimpleJSONScheme
    id: jsonScheme

  - className: backtype.storm.spout.SchemeAsMultiScheme
    constructorArgs:
      -
        ref: jsonScheme
    id: stringMultiScheme

  - className: storm.kafka.ZkHosts
    constructorArgs:
      - "${kafka.zk.host}"
    id: zkHosts

  - className: storm.kafka.SpoutConfig
    constructorArgs:
      -
        ref: zkHosts
      - "${kafka.topic}"
      - ""
      - stormKafka1
    id: kafkaSpoutConfig
    properties:
      -
        name: ignoreZkOffsets
        value: false
      -
        name: "startOffsetTime"
        value: -1
      -
        name: scheme
        ref: stringMultiScheme
      -
        name: fetchSizeBytes
        value: 8388608

I've updated most of the topology to 2.2.0 but I can't seem to find any mention of schemes
in 2.2.0.
Can somebody point me in the right direction on how to upgrade. Do I have to use the Deserialiser
class and apply the implmentation there and then pass it as teh value for the "value.deserialiser"
property of the spout?

Any direction or suggestion would be really helpful.

Best Regards,

Paul Jose

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Disclaimer----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
****Views and opinions expressed in this e-mail belong to their author and do not necessarily
represent views and opinions of Ugam. Our employees are obliged not to make any defamatory
statement or infringe any legal right. Therefore, Ugam does not accept any responsibility
or liability for such statements. The content of this email is confidential and intended for
the recipient specified in message only. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of this
message with any third party, without a written consent of the sender. If you have received
this message by mistake, please reply to this message and follow with its deletion, so that
we can ensure such a mistake does not occur in the future. Warning: Sufficient measures have
been taken to scan any presence of viruses however the recipient should check this email and
any attachments for the presence of viruses as full security of the email cannot be ensured
despite our best efforts. Therefore, Ugam accepts no liability for any damage inflicted by
viewing the content of this email.. ****
Please do not print this email unless it is necessary. Every unprinted email helps the environment.