storm-user mailing list archives

From Peter Chamberlain <peter.chamberl...@htk.co.uk>
Subject Re: Restart Nimbus Issues
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2019 11:52:49 GMT
Hmm, that supervisord conf has two entries for starting up storm nimbus.
One in supervisord.conf, and the other in the supervisor.d/ folder. You
should only need one of those. I would tend to use the
supervisor.d/storm-nimbus.conf version, and remove the one in
supervisord.conf. Although I would also use the code from the
supervisord.conf version... If that makes sense.
So you just have:
supervisor.d/storm-nimbus.conf

[program:storm-nimbus]
command=/usr/local/storm/bin/storm nimbus
autostart=true
autorestart=true
startsecs=10
startretries=999
log_stdout=true
log_stderr=true
logfile=/var/log/storm/nimbus.out
logfile_maxbytes=20MB
logfile_backups=10

And no [program:storm-nimbus] in supervisord.conf

It's possible supervisord ended up running both of them, and could only
track one. I'm not really sure what it does when it sees duplicate
sections. (It basically reads all the files in supervisor.d folder and
appends them to the end of the supervisord.conf config file to get it's
configuration).

Either way, it seems likely that you had a nimbus process running on the
box, then a new nimbus processes that supervisord was trying to startup was
failing because the storm nimbus port(s) were already in use. To start a
topology you have to have a nimbus running (unless you are running things
in local mode), so it is very unlikely it wasn't running already.

On Linux you can check for running nimbus process from a terminal with:
ps aux | grep nimbus
and kill it using the pid returned in the above command and kill command.

Yes you should really of just replied to the storm user group. I read
everything on there anyway.
I've sent this reply to the group as well as yourself.

Regards,

Peter