storm-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Vermeerbergen <avermeerber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to setup Kafka authentication on storm-kafka-monitor ?
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2019 20:18:54 GMT
Hello Sandip,

Thanks for the suggestion, I have created a storm_jaas.conf file with
the following content:

KafkaClient {
        org.apache.kafka.common.security.scram.ScramLoginModule required
        username="foo"
        password="bar";
};

and i got a different exception on Storm UI at the place where Kafka
lag is supposed to be displayed:

Unable to get offset lags for kafka. Reason:
org.apache.kafka.shaded.common.KafkaException: Failed to construct
kafka consumer at
org.apache.kafka.shaded.clients.consumer.KafkaConsumer.<init>(KafkaConsumer.java:703)
at org.apache.kafka.shaded.clients.consumer.KafkaConsumer.<init>(KafkaConsumer.java:584)
at org.apache.kafka.shaded.clients.consumer.KafkaConsumer.<init>(KafkaConsumer.java:566)
at org.apache.storm.kafka.monitor.KafkaOffsetLagUtil.getOffsetLags(KafkaOffsetLagUtil.java:230)
at org.apache.storm.kafka.monitor.KafkaOffsetLagUtil.main(KafkaOffsetLagUtil.java:144)
Caused by: org.apache.kafka.shaded.common.KafkaException:
javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: No LoginModule found for
org.apache.kafka.common.security.scram.ScramLoginModule at
org.apache.kafka.shaded.common.network.SaslChannelBuilder.configure(SaslChannelBuilder.java:86)
at org.apache.kafka.shaded.common.network.ChannelBuilders.create(ChannelBuilders.java:70)
at org.apache.kafka.shaded.clients.ClientUtils.createChannelBuilder(ClientUtils.java:85)
at org.apache.kafka.shaded.clients.consumer.KafkaConsumer.<init>(KafkaConsumer.java:644)
... 4 more Caused by: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: No
LoginModule found for
org.apache.kafka.common.security.scram.ScramLoginModule at
java.base/javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invoke(LoginContext.java:710)
at java.base/javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$4.run(LoginContext.java:665)
at java.base/javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$4.run(LoginContext.java:663)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method) at java.base/javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invokePriv(LoginContext.java:663)
at java.base/javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.login(LoginContext.java:574)
at org.apache.kafka.shaded.common.security.authenticator.AbstractLogin.login(AbstractLogin.java:69)
at org.apache.kafka.shaded.common.security.authenticator.LoginManager.<init>(LoginManager.java:46)
at org.apache.kafka.shaded.common.security.authenticator.LoginManager.acquireLoginManager(LoginManager.java:68)
at org.apache.kafka.shaded.common.network.SaslChannelBuilder.configure(SaslChannelBuilder.java:78)
... 7 more

moreover, the storm-kafka-monitoring processes are eating a huge CPU.

Maybe I'm missing a way to setup storm-kafka-monitoring's consumers
with something equivalent to my Kafka Spout's setup (which works fine
with my Kafka SSL + auth brokers):

                    .setProp("security.protocol", "SASL_SSL")
                    .setProp("sasl.mechanism", "SCRAM-SHA-512")

.setProp(SslConfigs.SSL_ENDPOINT_IDENTIFICATION_ALGORITHM_CONFIG, "")

What would be the right way to setup these properties on
storm-kafka-client's consumers ?
Would the pull requested suggested by Stig help?

Note: i'm running with Apache Storm 1.2.3 latest commits, my
topologies run fine with Kafka Brokers with SSL + Auth, but I need
storm-kafka-monitor to be run & running to track Kafka lag of my Kafka
spouts....

Kind regards,
Alexandre

Le lun. 3 juin 2019 à 17:33, Sandeep Nemuri <nhsandeep6@gmail.com> a écrit :

> I guess you are missing the KafkaClient section in ${STORM_CONF_DIR}/storm_jaas.conf
in UI node.

> On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 8:32 PM Stig Rohde Døssing <stigdoessing@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> There was a recent PR to partially address this at https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/3016,
it probably doesn't fix your exact case, but fixing your case would probably require doing
something similar.

>> The reason this is broken is that storm-kafka-monitor is a workaround to us not having
generic metrics delivery from spouts to Storm UI. The way storm-kafka-monitor works, is that
your spout reports some of its configuration to Nimbus. When someone requests a Storm UI page,
Nimbus then boots up a new JVM running storm-kafka-monitor, which just starts a KafkaConsumer
with the config from Nimbus, checks the current consumer position, and exits.

>> We want to get rid of storm-kafka-monitor eventually. I've been looking at it in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-3202, but it will probably take a while to get
done. If you'd like to take a look at implementing that issue, I'd be happy to share the code
(it does not currently compile).