storm-user mailing list archives

From nicol...@uom.gr
Subject Restart Nimbus Issues
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2019 10:31:21 GMT
Hello,

I am Nicole and I am a researcher in University of Macedonia, Greece. I am
new to Storm and I found this email in the "Getting Help" Section of
Storm's site.

I started using Storm a few days ago and I have a question on Nimbus. I
tried to stop (using both ways i.e Ctrl-C and supervisor) the Nimbus, UI
and Supervisor deamons and start them again and I had some issues. When I
tried to restart Nimbus it seems to exit fast on its own (like pressing
Ctrl-C). When I tried to do the same with supervisor I got the following
results:

# sudo supervisorctl status
storm-nimbus    BACKOFF   Exited too quickly (process log may have details)
storm-ui        RUNNING   pid 4024, uptime 15:43:28

Nevertheless, Nimbus seems to run normally as I can run a new topology and
kill it with no problem at all. Why does this happen? Is my Nimbus still
on?

In case this is not the right place to ask such questions I am sorry for
the inconvenience. Is there a community to ask questions? Thank you very
much in advance.

Regards,
Nicole