storm-user mailing list archives

From Roshan Naik <roshan_n...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Apache Storm Twitter account
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2019 21:33:47 GMT

Perf blog is in the works. Architecture overview will be next.
Detailed tuning guidance is captured in Performance.md  (https://github.com/apache/storm/blob/master/docs/Performance.md).

-roshan

On Monday, June 17, 2019, 10:04:15 AM PDT, Arun Mahadevan <arunm@apache.org> wrote:

Flink recently published a blog on their networking model [1].

I believe Storm 2.0 does it better in some aspects with the new threading/back-pressure model
and we should come out with something that explains the new model and the tuning parameters.

- Arun
[1] https://flink.apache.org/2019/06/05/flink-network-stack.html

On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 at 13:48, Roshan Naik <roshan_naik@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thank you very much. Your email to Nathan has helped !!  Nathan got in touch with the
PMC.

> Yes blogs will be coming. BTW: newer configs have been explained here https://github.com/apache/storm/blob/master/docs/Performance.md
>
> -roshan
>

> On Friday, June 14, 2019, 2:07:30 AM PDT, Petr Janeček <JanecekPetr@seznam.cz>
wrote:

> Oh! In that case please update the readme doc on github - it still points to the old
one (which has, therefore, a much bigger audience):
> "Storm has a website at storm.apache.org. Follow @stormprocessor on Twitter for updates
on the project."

> I've sent a separate email to mr. Marz, he seems to have been active on Github recently,
perhaps he'll donate 20 minutes to Storm, too.

> PJ
>
> P.S. Congrats to the 2.0.0 release, we're playing with it already and the results are
encouraging! Looking forward to seeing the explanatory blog posts - mainly because of some
possible new configuration options?

> ---------- Původní e-mail ----------
> Od: Roshan Naik <roshan_naik@yahoo.com>
> Komu: user@storm.apache.org
> Datum: 11. 6. 2019 22:02:30
> Předmět: Re: Apache Storm Twitter account
>>

>> Thats the old account owned by Nathan Marz. He doesn't seem active on it. I believe
... due to not hearing back from Nathan ... the PMC had to create another  Storm twitter
account which is currently active  https://twitter.com/apachestorm

>> I think would be a good idea if the two accounts can be merged somehow ... if nathan
can be reached.

>>  On Tuesday, June 11, 2019, 7:06:42 AM PDT, Andrew Xor <andreas.grammenos@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> I think that's a really good idea especially now that storm 2.0 is upon us and it
brings quite a few goodies along with it.

>> It seems most of the storm hype has migrated to flink ;) (including myself :()
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 2:20 PM Petr Janeček <JanecekPetr@seznam.cz> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> the "official" Storm Twitter account - https://twitter.com/stormprocessor - seems
to be abandoned.

>>> Is there anyone still holding credentials for it? Perhaps it would be nice to
either start using it again (by announcing 2.0.0 there), or disable it altogether so that
random lurkers do not think Storm is completely dead...