storm-user mailing list archives

From Stig Rohde Døssing <stigdoess...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: storm logs on console of kubernetes containers/pods
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2019 18:04:24 GMT
I don't think you can get the worker logs in the console directly. The
issue is that your container will be running both the supervisor, and a
number of workers. The workers are started by the supervisor, and aren't
attached to the console you use to start the supervisor. Even if you
configure a console appender in worker.xml, the output won't be going into
the supervisor console, which is what I think you need.

I think to fix this would require either copying the worker log to the
supervisor console (we probably don't want this), or make how the
supervisor starts/monitors workers more flexible. If the supervisor could
start the worker in a different container per worker instead of both
supervisors and workers being in one container, that would be a better fit
I think.