storm-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Julian <thomasjul...@zoho.com>
Subject Re: How to configure fixed range of ports for (Storm/Netty) internal TCP connections.
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2019 05:21:36 GMT
Hi Roshan,

Thank you for your reply. What I understand from your reply is that Storm or its internal
components(netty, zeromq etc) won't use any ports or its ranges for their TCP communication
other than ones(6700, 6701, 6702, 6703) specified in storm.yaml? But in a previous deployment,
we observed that storm uses ports 39855, 35392 to listen for TCP connections. Is this only
possible, when we don't explicitly configure the port numbers for workers?

> tcp6 0 0 :::39855 :::* LISTEN 9943/java

> tcp6 0 0 :::35392 :::* LISTEN 9521/java

Thanks & Regards,

Julian

---- On Sun, 14 Apr 2019 12:59:13 +0530 Roshan Naik <roshan_naik@yahoo.com> wrote ----

Julian,

   The config `supervisor.slots.ports` is used to control the number of workers on each
Supervisor as well as the range ports on which the workers should listen for incoming connections.
For example, the default config is:

supervisor.slots.ports

 - 6700

 - 6701

 - 6702

 - 6703

which means 4 workers per supervisor and each worker should bind to and listen on one of those
4 ports.

-roshan

On Friday, April 12, 2019, 6:09:37 AM EDT, Thomas Julian <mailto:thomasjulian@zoho.com>
wrote:

Hi,

Hope the question is clear. Please someone respond or let me know, if the question is not
clear.

Thanks & Regards,

Julian

________________________________

---- On Wed, 03 Apr 2019 13:15:07 +0530 Thomas Julian <mailto:thomasjulian@zoho.com>
wrote ----

> Team,

> We have provisioned a distributed storm environment(version:1.2.1) and noticed that Storm(or
netty) uses some random ports to listen for TCP connections. Can these port(or ranges) be
configured, as we do for supervisor.slots.ports:

>   - 6700

> Ex.

> tcp6 0 0 :::39855 :::* LISTEN 9943/java

> tcp6 0 0 :::35392 :::* LISTEN 9521/java

> Noted these connections on a supervisor node. We need to configure these ports in firewall.
Please guide!