storm-user mailing list archives

From Noppanit Charassinvichai <noppani...@gmail.com>
Subject Why the number of tuples don't add up
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2016 15:39:00 GMT
[image: Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 11.35.54 AM.png]

My topology is really simple. I have a Kinesis spout which reads the data
from Kinesis and do some parsing and just send it off to another firehose.
However, when I look at the numbers, the numbers don't add up. For example,
the last bolt which is sparrow_firehose shouldn't it be the same as the
number of emitted from kinesis_spout?

Here's how it's all wired up.

        // Using number of shards as the parallelism hint for the spout.
        builder.setSpout("kinesis_spout", spout,
parseInt(property.getSpoutExecutorNumber()));

        builder.setBolt("parse_bolt", new ParsingDruidBolt(),
parseInt(property.getDruidParseBoltExecutorNumber()))
                .fieldsGrouping("kinesis_spout", new
Fields(SampleKinesisRecordScheme.FIELD_PARTITION_KEY));

        builder.setBolt("sparrow_firehose", new BeamBolt<>(new
DruidBeamFactory(topologyConfig)),
parseInt(property.getDruidSparrowBoltExecutorNumber()))
                .fieldsGrouping("parse_bolt", new Fields("event_stream"));

Thanks,
Noppanit.