storm-user mailing list archives

From Joaquin Menchaca <jmench...@gobalto.com>
Subject Storm UI generated logviewer links problematic
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2016 18:47:51 GMT
This is a big issue to how *storm ui* generates the URLs to access *storm
logviewer*.  I need to have some control to how storm ui generates the
links, such as using routes or custom name to represent the supervisors.

In my *use case*: 1) secure VPC, only accessible through 22 from admin VPC,
2) storm ui available through ELB which is secured to only use public DNS,
3) internal DNS different that public DNS.

As I understand, storm ui fetches the supervisor names from zookeeper, and
supervisors register to zookeeper using some name it generates (hostname?
reverse DNS lookup?)

The problem is that the DNS names are not usable, even if I park a
reverse-proxy, I cannot route to URLs that ONLY make sense to internal DNS.