storm-user mailing list archives

From Joaquin Menchaca <jmench...@gobalto.com>
Subject Painful Experience From Storm 0.10 to Storm 1.0.2
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2016 01:26:08 GMT
Summary, a lot of the issue I was having were due to Storm 0.10.0 zookeeper
key/values existing, when trying to bring up Storm 1.0.2 using the same
zookeeper and same server hostnames (essentially and in place upgrade).

Solution was to stop zookeeper, blast out all the data, then start
zookeeper up again.

This problem generated all sorts of errors:

   -  TFramedTransport invalid frame size,
   - TTransportException, and
   - Unexpected throwable while invoking!

Anyhow, a painful process, glad that is over, but now need to have my
supervisors and nimbus not report themselves as localhost....

Trying to rely on hostname so that I can reverse-proxy to all the systems
and not use split-DNS, but that's another adventure.

--

是故勝兵先勝而後求戰,敗兵先戰而後求勝。