storm-user mailing list archives

From James Tyack <jty...@zignallabs.com>
Subject storm-kafka-client 1.0.2 problems: tuples not always being replayed
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2016 18:29:00 GMT
We're in the process of upgrading from Storm 0.9.5 to 1.0.2.  We're also
upgrading to Kafka 0.10.0.1.

We've been having issues with topologies that fail tuples. The Kafka
offsets seemed to get stuck and the Kafka spout eventually halted even
though the last committed offset was no where near the end of the topic.

My co-worker Jeff isolated the problem to toe storm-kafka-client and has
covered the scenarios with unit tests (and a proposed fix). Details in his
pull request.  Would be grateful if we could hear whether others are having
similar issues / have input on our proposed fix.

https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/1679

Thanks
James