storm-user mailing list archives

From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Storm UI generated logviewer links problematic
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2016 19:13:32 GMT
You can override DNS by setting storm.local.hostname in the config yaml on each node. Use the
public IP/hostname and that should fix your problem.

-Taylor

> On Sep 6, 2016, at 2:47 PM, Joaquin Menchaca <jmenchaca@gobalto.com> wrote:
>
> This is a big issue to how storm ui generates the URLs to access storm logviewer.  I
need to have some control to how storm ui generates the links, such as using routes or custom
name to represent the supervisors.

> In my use case: 1) secure VPC, only accessible through 22 from admin VPC, 2) storm ui
available through ELB which is secured to only use public DNS, 3) internal DNS different that
public DNS.

> As I understand, storm ui fetches the supervisor names from zookeeper, and supervisors
register to zookeeper using some name it generates (hostname? reverse DNS lookup?)

> The problem is that the DNS names are not usable, even if I park a reverse-proxy, I cannot
route to URLs that ONLY make sense to internal DNS.