storm-user mailing list archives

From Cody Lee <cody...@wellaware.us>
Subject Re: Storm set java security properties
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2016 12:04:13 GMT
At least in Java 8 if you set the JVM arguments  -Djava.security.properties=<URI> this
will append to the master security properties file. This file will override master security
properties. If you use “==” instead of “=” the JVM will only use the one you specified.
Note, this would be for every worker for that supervisor node, regardless of topology. If
you want it just for the topology I believe you could just append this to the storm jar command
(but make sure this file is either in your resources or on all supervisors before deploying)
– I haven’t tested this myself though.

Cody

From: pradeep s <sreekumar.pradeep@gmail.com>
Date: Saturday, September 3, 2016 at 3:53 AM
To: "user@storm.apache.org" <user@storm.apache.org>, "dev@storm.apache.org" <dev@storm.apache.org>
Subject: Storm set java security properties

Hi,
I am having frequent timeouts from storm spout to AWS SQS calls and i was recommended to put
below java security properties for the application.
java.security.Security.setProperty("networkaddress.cache.ttl" , "5");
java.security.Security.setProperty("networkaddress.cache.negative.ttl" , "0");

Can you please suggest the best way to set these properties and how?
Can we set these from storm.yaml?
Regards
Pradeep S