storm-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Powis <spo...@salesforce.com>
Subject Re: version 1.0?
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2016 21:05:28 GMT
I think typically in a production environment you would use the
releases/versions released as being "stable" vs building from the latest
code checked into source control.  Storm 0.9.x for sure is used by tons of
large enterprise companies -- 0.10.x doesn't seem like a huge departure
from 0.9.x as far as writing topologies go (in testing our topologies
didn't require changing any code going from 0.9.x to 0.10.x - we plan on
upgrading in the next few weeks).

Developers can chime in, but from my personal experience with Storm I
wouldn't exactly focus on the "1.0" labeling so much as the software being
consistent and stable from release to release.