storm-user mailing list archives

From Rahul R <rahul8...@gmail.com>
Subject How to Configure DRPC Spout to tell which DRPC server to fetch information from ?
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2016 08:54:46 GMT
I have created a simple topology

-----
TopologyBuilder builder = new TopologyBuilder();

// LocalDRPC drpc = new LocalDRPC();    commented on purpose
// DRPCSpout spout = new DRPCSpout("update_data", drpc);

DRPCSpout spout = new DRPCSpout("update_data");
builder.setSpout("drpc", spout);

// Rest of the code

StormSubmitter.submitTopologyWithProgressBar("topo1", conf,
                    builder.createTopology());
-------

While deploying the topology remotely. how do tell the spout , which drpc
server to connect to ?
I only have storm drpc server running in nimbus host. While checking the
drpc log, I do not see any drpc request , my python storm drpc client is
making.   This works perfectly fine , when run locally.

./Rahul