storm-user mailing list archives

From "Sun, Keith" <ai...@ebay.com>
Subject usage : partitionPersist(StateFactory stateFactory, StateUpdater updater)
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2016 06:18:34 GMT
Hi ,

Thanks for your notice and I am new to Storm, so my question maybe a little stupid :(.

I run the Trident with "partitionPersist(StateFactory stateFactory, StateUpdater updater)
"  :

            TridentTopology topology = new TridentTopology();
            topology.newStream("emitWord", spout).partitionBy(new Fields("word"))
            // .each(new Fields("word"), new C2CFilters.PrintFilter());
            //.partitionPersist(jdbcStateFactory, new Fields("word"), new MysqlStateUpdater(),
new Fields("word")).parallelismHint(1);
            .partitionPersist(jdbcStateFactory,new JdbcUpdater()).parallelismHint(1);

I noticed the Input tuple to JdbcUpdater#updateState is always null and my process just aborted.
I tried a few hours and finally noticed I have no input fields selector.

So , my question is what is the purpose of such method  ?

Thanks very much.
Keith