storm-user mailing list archives

From Jon Gregg <jonrgr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error in storm-starter: Could not find artifact 0.10.0-SNAPSHOT in clojars
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2015 01:30:32 GMT
OK Mike's suggestion seemed to work, but on the very next line in the
tutorial I ran mvn compile exec:java
-Dstorm.topology=storm.starter.WordCountTopology from storm-starter and got
his error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.2.1:java (d
efault-cli) on project storm-starter: An exception occured while executing
the J
ava class. instance must be started before calling this method -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e
swit
ch.
[ERROR]
please rea
d the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionE
xception

I also tried with quotes around the final argument (I'm using Windows) and
got the following:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.2.1:java (d
efault-cli) on project storm-starter: An exception occured while executing
the J
ava class. java.lang.InterruptedException -> [Help 1]