storm-user mailing list archives

From Idan Fridman <idan.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NullPointerException from deep inside Storm
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2015 18:05:41 GMT
I actually created pojo of mine and emitted it. I edited here the code for
the sake of simplicity. So you think I should try convert the Object into
byte/string and then emmit? What about the outputcollector synchronizing ?
Does it make sense?
On Feb 10, 2015 8:00 PM, "Michael Rose" <michael@fullcontact.com> wrote:

> Out of curiosity, have you tried just emitting the response as a
> string/byte array vs. the whole response object?
>
> *Michael Rose*
> Senior Platform Engineer
> *Full*Contact | fullcontact.com
> <https://www.fullcontact.com/?utm_source=FullContact%20-%20Email%20Signatures&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Signature%20Link&utm_campaign=FullContact%20-%20Email%20Signatures>
> m: +1.720.837.1357 | t: @xorlev
>

> All Your Contacts, Updated and In One Place.
> Try FullContact for Free
> <https://www.fullcontact.com/?utm_source=FullContact%20-%20Email%20Signatures&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Signature%20Link&utm_campaign=FullContact%20-%20Email%20Signatures>
>
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 9:30 AM, Idan Fridman <idan.frid@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> One note: it's not BasicOutputCollector. but OutputCollector

>>> I am opening async call to a webservice from a bolt.
>>>
>>> I'am opening socket and retrieving the result asynchronous(using
>>> external AsycHttpClient library) and after that I am emitting to the next
>>> bolt
>>>
>>> I asked and read that if I synchronized the outputCollector it will make
>>> sure all that all acks and callbacks will be called from the same Thread.
>>>
>>> However after load-test I started to get this:
>>>

>>> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException at
>>> backtype.storm.utils.DisruptorQueue.consumeBatchToCursor(DisruptorQueue.java:128)
>>> at
>>> backtype.storm.utils.DisruptorQueue.consumeBatchWhenAvailable(DisruptorQueue.java:99)
>>> at
>>> backtype.storm.disruptor$consume_batch_when_available.invoke(disruptor.clj:80)
>>> at
>>> backtype.storm.disruptor$consume_loop_STAR_$fn__1460.invoke(disruptor.clj:94)
>>> at backtype.storm.util$async_loop$fn__464.invoke(util.clj:463) at
>>> clojure.lang.AFn.run(AFn.java:24) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>>> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException at
>>> clojure.lang.RT.intCast(RT.java:1087) at
>>> backtype.storm.daemon.worker$mk_transfer_fn$fn__3549.invoke(worker.clj:129)
>>> at
>>> backtype.storm.daemon.executor$start_batch_transfer__GT_worker_handler_BANG_$fn__3283.invoke(executor.clj:258)
>>> at