I think is the zero mq has cosumed so many memory

2014-07-10

唐思成

发件人: Vladi Feigin
发送时间: 2014-07-09  19:36:33
收件人: user
抄送:
主题: Storm topology consumes 100% of memory
Hi,

Our topology consumes almost 100% on the physical machines where it runs.
We have heavy load ( 5K events per sec) .
The Java Heap is configured with -Xmx1024m
But Linux top command shows very large figures (for the Storm process) :
VIRT=14G
RES=10G  !!
Apparently that  Java code (topology code)  doesn't consumes it. So the question is which Storm part does consume it?  And why?
What should we check , reconfigure to avoid this? What we do wrong?

At some point we get OOME in the bolts ...
The Storm version is 0.8.2

Thank you in advance,
Vladi