storm-user mailing list archives

From Andrey Yegorov <andrey.yego...@gmail.com>
Subject running multiple tasks within one executor in parallel?
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2014 00:54:25 GMT
i am trying to optimize execution of the topology and want to share some
large yet static data structures among multiple tasks of the same type.
Playing with parallelism hints and other parameters I noticed tasks within
one executor never run in parallel.

Also from
http://www.michael-noll.com/blog/2012/10/16/understanding-the-parallelism-of-a-storm-topology/

" An executor always has one thread that it uses for all of its tasks,
which means that tasks run serially on an executor."

Is it still applicable to storm 0.9.2?
there is a parameter Config.TOPOLOGY_WORKER_SHARED_THREAD_POOL_SIZE but I
do not see it affecting anything, may be I am using it wrong.

Andrey Yegorov