storm-user mailing list archives

From Alex Merritt <merritt.a...@gmail.com>
Subject ShellSpout Cannot Execute Arbitrary Command
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2014 21:02:05 GMT
Hello,

I'm creating a simple topology and invoke the superclass constructor for
ShellSpout in its constructor by passing in an array of String, such as
{"/bin/ls"}. When executing the topology locally, the code returns an
IOException stating it cannot find the command. I've tried relative,
absolute paths, other commands, etc. I wrote a stand-alone code which uses
ProcessBuilder outside of Storm and it works as expected. Any ideas what is
going on here?

Using Ubuntu Linux 64-bit, Storm 0.9.2 and java version 7 from Oracle.

Thanks,
Alex