storm-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Xor <andreas.gramme...@gmail.com>
Subject Distribute Spout output among all bolts
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2014 23:05:41 GMT
​i,

 I am trying to distribute the spout output to it's subscribed bolts
evenly; let's say that I have a spout that emits tuples and three bolts
that are subscribed to it. I want each of the three bolts to receive 1/3
rth of the output (or emit a tuple to each one of these bolts in turns).
Unfortunately as far as I understand all bolts will receive all of the
emitted tuples of that particular spout regardless of the grouping defined
(as grouping from my understanding is for bolt *tasks* not actual bolts).

 I've searched a bit and I can't seem to find a way to accomplish that...​
is there a way to do that or I am searching in vain?

Thanks.