storm-user mailing list archives

From "唐思成" <jadetan...@qq.com>
Subject Re: Scaling Storm Trident by add additional nodes (processes)
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 06:06:43 GMT
suppose you have a new machine and you want to add it to a running storm topology. After install
storm and config on this new machine, you just run storm supervisor and the nimbus will know
that there is a new work slots available in cluster and will assign work to this machine.

2014-07-17

唐思成

发件人: Josh J
发送时间: 2014-07-16  21:41:02
收件人: user
抄送:
主题: Scaling Storm Trident by add additional nodes (processes)

Hi,

I have read over the docs here and this stackoverflow answer. Though I'm still not clear how
to scale by adding additional physical machines and processes. The recommendations in both
articles suggest to increase the parallelism which increases the number of threads. This would
assume that the machines running the storm topology have enough capacity to handle the increases
in load the additional threads add.

My question is how do I add additional physical machines and processes to a running storm
topology?

Thanks,
Josh