Hi,

   I am getting the following error when I submit the topology to storm:

556  [main] WARN  backtype.storm.StormSubmitter - Topology submission exception

backtype.storm.generated.InvalidTopologyException: null

                at backtype.storm.generated.Nimbus$submitTopology_result.read(Nimbus.java:2449) ~[storm-core-0.9.0-rc2.jar:na]

557  [main] ERROR com.symantec.dcsc.so.platform.ep.storm.services.topologyconfiguration.TopologyConfiguration - InvalidTopologyException(msg:Component: [VMBolt1] subscribes from stream: [default] of component [VMSpout1] with non-existent fields: #{"EventData,EventType"})

InvalidTopologyException(msg:Component: [VMBolt1] subscribes from stream: [default] of component [VMSpout1] with non-existent fields: #{"EventData,EventType"})

                at backtype.storm.generated.Nimbus$submitTopology_result.read(Nimbus.java:2449)

Here, EventData is a custom type derived from java.io.Serializable class

And EventType is a string field.

When I just pass the EventType from my spout(VMSpout1) to bolt (VMBolt1), it works fine.

But, when I the pass the “EventData” custom type & “EventType” String type, from my spout(VMSpout1) to bolt(VMBolt1) then I get the above error while submitting the topology.

Can someone please help what this error all about and how to resolve it?

Thanks & Regards

Bishnu