storm-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Mocanu <amoc...@verticalscope.com>
Subject RE: CQL3 and thrift
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2014 22:23:12 GMT
Thanks!

I will take a look; currently I'm also checking out Svend's code along with his the blog post:
http://svendvanderveken.wordpress.com/2013/07/30/scalable-real-time-state-update-with-storm/

-A

From: Brian O'Neill [mailto:boneill42@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Brian O'Neill
Sent: February-04-14 1:48 PM
To: user@storm.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: CQL3 and thrift

You can use both at once, but I also agree with the advice that you may want to stick to one.
;)

FWIW, we've started work on storm-cassandra-cql:
http://brianoneill.blogspot.com/2014/02/work-started-on-storm-cassandra-cql.html

It isn't polished yet, but if you would like to standardize on CQL3 instead of straddling
thrift and CQL, that might work for you.

-brian

---
Brian O'Neill
Chief Technology Officer

Health Market Science
The Science of Better Results
2700 Horizon Drive * King of Prussia, PA * 19406
M: 215.588.6024 * @boneill42<http://www.twitter.com/boneill42>  *
healthmarketscience.com

This information transmitted in this email message is for the intended recipient only and
may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you received this email in error and
are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient,
please contact the sender at the email above and delete this email and any attachments and
destroy any copies thereof. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, copying or other use
of, or taking any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than
the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.