storm-user mailing list archives

From "Gorman, Steve A." <STEPHEN.A.GOR...@leidos.com>
Subject Storm Cassandra and the CassandraCounterBatchingBolt
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 21:01:31 GMT
All,
  I am getting an error using the CassandraCounterBatchingBolt complaining of an ….

invalid operation for non commutative column family LogVolumeByMinute

 I am following a tutorial from a book which is using Casandra to store text in a Column Family
and auto-increment a counter column. I read that in order to use a counter column I had to
have a default_validation_class of type CounterColumnType. So I created a CF like so

create column family LogVolumeByMinute with default_validation_class=CounterColumnType and
key_validation_class=UTF8Type and comparator=UTF8Type;

  But when I did this and triggered some logs to my syslog, which in turn triggered the cassandra
insertion, the CF got somehow destroyed such that I couldn't even view the contents. But I
don’t get any errors in the worker logs at all. Has anyone had any experience with CassandraCounterBatchingBolt
and if so would you mind giving me your thoughts/insight.

Thanks all.

Storm.0.9.0.1
Storm-cassandra 0.3.2-SNAPSHOT
Cassabdra: apache-cassandra-2.0.4