storm-user mailing list archives

From Spico Florin <spicoflo...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Rebalance topology throws java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2014 09:30:43 GMT
Hello!
In the mentioned version for Windows, the  rebalance command arguments
should not be passed as indicated in

https://github.com/nathanmarz/storm/wiki/Understanding-the-parallelism-of-a-Storm-topology

storm rebalance mytopology -n 5 -e blue-spout=3 -e yellow-bolt=10

In order to get rid of the mentioned
exception(java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException:) you should use the
command

storm rebalance WordCount -e "spout=3"

However, trying to rebalance more components (either spouts or bolts) will
rebalance only the latest component mentioned in the list. So, for example
for example:

storm rebalance WordCount -e "spout=3" -e "count=5"
 the rebalance will be applied only for the "count" component not for the
"spout".

So, in my opinion either the documentation should be updated or the
rebalance.clj should be changed in order to support rebalancing for
multiple components.

I look forward for your opinions.
  Regards,
  Florin