storm-user mailing list archives

From Ashley Brown <ash...@spider.io>
Subject Re: Supervisor CPU usage 100%, supervisors restarting in production
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 11:16:17 GMT

>     Recently CPU usage by the supervisor machines is hitting 100% during
> weekends, this is kind of weird as we have least traffic on our website
> during weekends.

How are you measuring traffic to your website? If you're using a
Javascript-based tool (like Google Analytics), then it won't be a fair
reflection of the load on your servers. Is it possible something (crawler,
botnet, scraper) is hitting your website and increasing the load, but not

Dr Ashley Brown
Chief Architect

e: ashley@spider.io
a: spider.io, 10 Warwick St, London, W1B 5LZ
w: http://spider.io/