storm-user mailing list archives

From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Rebalance topology throws java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2014 15:58:49 GMT
Hi Florin,

I opened an issue to track this:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-214

Regards,

Taylor

On Feb 5, 2014, at 4:30 AM, Spico Florin <spicoflorin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello!
> In the mentioned version for Windows, the  rebalance command arguments should not be
passed as indicated in

> https://github.com/nathanmarz/storm/wiki/Understanding-the-parallelism-of-a-Storm-topology
> storm rebalance mytopology -n 5 -e blue-spout=3 -e yellow-bolt=10
>
> In order to get rid of the mentioned exception(java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException:)
you should use the command

> storm rebalance WordCount -e "spout=3"
>
> However, trying to rebalance more components (either spouts or bolts) will rebalance
only the latest component mentioned in the list. So, for example for example:

> storm rebalance WordCount -e "spout=3" -e "count=5"
>  the rebalance will be applied only for the "count" component not for the "spout".
>
> So, in my opinion either the documentation should be updated or the rebalance.clj should
be changed in order to support rebalancing for multiple components.

> I look forward for your opinions.
>   Regards,
>   Florin

have also ran fine the indicated topology and my topology too. But when I'm trying to do a
rebalancing of my topology by re-configuring the number of spouts or bolt with the command