storm-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Nagpurkar <Rahul_Nagpur...@persistent.co.in>
Subject Getting Thrift issues multiple times on Storm Cluster.
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2014 10:19:42 GMT
I am new to apache Strom. We had used Storm in our project for creating Storm jobs for accessing
Twitter streaming data. We had installed Storm in cluster mode. We are getting following exception
Frequently.

org.apache.thrift7.transport.TTransportException
       at org.apache.thrift7.transport.TIOStreamTransport.read(TIOStreamTransport.java:132)
       at org.apache.thrift7.transport.TTransport.readAll(TTransport.java:84)
       at org.apache.thrift7.transport.TFramedTransport.readFrame(TFramedTransport.java:129)
       at org.apache.thrift7.transport.TFramedTransport.read(TFramedTransport.java:101)
       at org.apache.thrift7.transport.TTransport.readAll(TTransport.java:84)
       at org.apache.thrift7.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.readAll(TBinaryProtocol.java:378)
       at org.apache.thrift7.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.readI32(TBinaryProtocol.java:297)
       at org.apache.thrift7.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.readMessageBegin(TBinaryProtocol.java:204)
       at org.apache.thrift7.TServiceClient.receiveBase(TServiceClient.java:69)
       at backtype.storm.generated.Nimbus$Client.recv_submitTopology(Nimbus.java:145)
       at backtype.storm.generated.Nimbus$Client.submitTopology(Nimbus.java:129)
After getting this exception we need to restart the storm services on all  the node. Then
it works fine.   Please let us  know the reason,  any workaround to fix this issue.

Thanks In Advanced,
//Rahul

DISCLAIMER
any liability for virus infected mails.