Hi all,

I am new to Storm and have been tasked with determining whether it is feasible for us to use Apache storm in my company. I have of course configured the sample projects and have been poking around. A red flag is raised with the "stream processing" style JSON parsing.

I am considering using storm with real time image processing bolts in C++. Packaging binary data into a JSON (by escaping it) looks like it will be slow and expensive. Is there a better way? Does anyone have experience processing large streams of binary data through storm?

How did it go?

Regards,

Lochlainn