storm-user mailing list archives

From Brian O'Neill <b...@alumni.brown.edu>
Subject Re: Strom research suggestions
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 15:56:13 GMT

+1, love the idea.  I¹ve wanted to play with partitioning alignment myself
(with C*), but i¹ve been too busy with the day job. =)

Tobias, if you need some support ‹ don¹t hesitate to reach out.

If you are able to align the partitioning, and we can add ³in-place²
computation within Storm, it would be great to see a speed comparison
between Hadoop and Storm.   (If comparable, it may drive people to abandon
their Hadoop infrastructure for batch processing, and run everything on
Storm)

-brian

---
Brian O'Neill
Chief Architect
Health Market Science
The Science of Better Results
2700 Horizon Drive € King of Prussia, PA € 19406
M: 215.588.6024 € @boneill42 <http://www.twitter.com/boneill42>   €
healthmarketscience.com

This information transmitted in this email message is for the intended
recipient only and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If
you received this email in error and are not the intended recipient, or the
person responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, please contact
the sender at the email above and delete this email and any attachments and
destroy any copies thereof. Any review, retransmission, dissemination,
copying or other use of, or taking any action in reliance upon, this
strictly prohibited.