storm-user mailing list archives

From Jon Logan <jmlo...@buffalo.edu>
Subject Re: Large binary payloads with storm
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 15:19:33 GMT
You're going to run into issues if you have large tuples, because they are
buffered in memory. I would suggest moving it to an exterior channel, like
Redis, etc, and only passing meta-data through Storm.

Your other solution is to use quirky things like reflection to prevent your
application from running out of memory when tuples are buffered.