storm-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Leung <ncle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error in submitting Topology
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 03:43:17 GMT
No, maven can manage the entire project life cycle including compilation
and packaging into a jar file.
On Jan 1, 2014 7:01 PM, "researcher cs" <prog.researcher@gmail.com> wrote:

> do you mean that compiling WordCountTopology class using Eclipse or
> netbeans and then trying to implement storm jar ?
>

> On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 1:54 AM, Nathan Leung <ncleung@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It looks like for some reason the java file got included as a text file,
>> not compiled as a class file.  My recommendation is, since you do not seem
>> to be able to diagnose that yourself, you should familiarize yourself with
>> the toolchain, including jdk tools and maven.  Then you will be able to
>> debug this problem yourself.  :)
>>

>> On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 5:52 PM, researcher cs <prog.researcher@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> i really wonder why storm jar can't find or load main class of
>>> wordcounttopology ..?

defined !!

steps you are
use lein.
help us understand

<

Alhat <

to pom.xml and also
I want to check whether your source

Alhat <

cs" <

now have problem to find or

wrote:

> [...]
the .jar file was not created and
could not be found. And while submitting the
the whole path(i.e the absolute path of the jar
compile exec:java
If you just want to build the
or lein uberjar.

the jar with dependecies , a
jar and it doesn't have all the class files
a Topology whereas a jar with dependencies is a
the dependencies. But I think from storm
the standalone jar not the jar with dependencies.
find something wrong please

Technology*