storm-user mailing list archives

From Chen Wang <chen.apache.s...@gmail.com>
Subject write to the same file in bolt?
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2014 23:46:43 GMT
Hey Guys,
I am using storm to read data from our socket server, entry by entry. Each
entry has a time stamp. In my bolt, i will need to write the entries within
the same hourly tenth(6 min) to the same hdfs file, so that later i can
load them to hive. (with hourly tenth 6min as the partition).

In order to achieve that, i will either need
    1 instruct data within the same hourly tenth to the same bolt
or  2. share the same file writer for all bolts that deal with data within
the same hourly tenth.

How can I achieve this? or  if there is some other approach for this
problem?
Thank you very much!
Chen