storm-user mailing list archives

From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to find out the active supervisor nodes through a program?
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2014 22:15:21 GMT
Richards,

Yes, the Nimbus thrift interface provides an API for querying a Storm cluster, and is exactly
what Storm UI uses to get the information it displays.

As far as “active” supervisors, it depends on what you mean by “active”. If by active
you mean “up and known to Nimbus” then the list returned by the thrift API should be enough,
if you mean “has active worker processes” then you’ll have to do additional work (not
much) to see if it has any used slots.

HTH

- Taylor

On Jan 7, 2014, at 3:50 AM, Richards Peter <hbkrichards@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know whether we can find out the list of active storm supervisor nodes?
I checked the following class:

> https://github.com/apache/incubator-storm/blob/master/storm-core/src/jvm/backtype/storm/generated/Nimbus.java
>
> It has a method -> getClusterInfo():ClusterSummary
>

> ClusterSummary internally has another method -> get_supervisors():List<SupervisorSummary>
>
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-storm/blob/master/storm-core/src/jvm/backtype/storm/generated/SupervisorSummary.java
>
> Will this be able to tell me the list of all active supervisors? I would like to ignore
the supervisors which are not active at the present. Is there a better way to achieve the
same?