storm-dev mailing list archives

From nicol...@uom.gr.INVALID
Subject Dummy tasks
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2020 23:27:58 GMT
Hello

I am a researcher and newcome to Apache Storm. So I am sorry in advance
in case my questions are a bit naive. While looking at UI, I see that
there are executors on workers that do not belong to any component e.g.
there are 5 executors while only 4 of them belong to the topology's
components. What is the job of these extra executors?

Moreover, I try to make a new scheduler (using the IScheduler
interface). I would like to ask if there is any way to add some dummy
tasks (executors) per component in a topology to allocate them around
workers along with normal tasks.

Thank you in advance for your time and help and congratulations for the
excellent work you have done so far.

Kind regards,
Nicole