storm-dev mailing list archives

From Ethan Li <ethanopensou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Next 2.x release
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2019 13:05:13 GMT
I got my pgp key signed by Bryan W. Call <bcall@apache.org <mailto:bcall@apache.org>>
(Thanks to him).

My pgp key: http://pgp.surfnet.nl/pks/lookup?op=vindex&fingerprint=on&search=0xA4A672F11B5050C8
<http://pgp.surfnet.nl/pks/lookup?op=vindex&fingerprint=on&search=0xA4A672F11B5050C8>

My understanding is that I am good to do release with this key now.

Here is a list of PRs that we might want to include in the new release:

https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/3098 <https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/3098>
https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/3096 <https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/3096>
https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/2878 <https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/2878>

Please review if you get a chance.  Thanks

Ethan

> On Aug 1, 2019, at 4:19 AM, Stig Rohde Døssing <stigdoessing@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Ethan, yes 2.1.0 makes sense.
>
> Den man. 29. jul. 2019 kl. 23.43 skrev Ethan Li <ethanopensource@gmail.com>:
>
>> It’s a good point. I will start a discussion thread for it.
>>

>> For the new release, I went through the list:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20STORM%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.0.1
>> <
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20=%20STORM%20AND%20fixVersion%20=%202.0.1
>>>

>> We introduced some new functionalities, including
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-2720 <
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-2720>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-3412 <
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-3412>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-3411 <
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-3411>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-3442 <
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-3442>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-3396 <
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-3396>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-3392 <
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-3392>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-3395 <
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-3395>
>>
>> So I think we should release 2.1.0 rather than 2.0.1.
>>
>> There are a few pull requests we may want to review before the next
>> release:
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/3094 <
>> https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/3094>
>> https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/2990 <
>> https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/2990>
>> https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/2878 <
>> https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/2878>
>>

>> Thanks
>> Ethan
>>

>>> On Jul 29, 2019, at 10:11 AM, Hugo Louro <hmclouro@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> +1
>>>
>>> I think it would facilitate more frequent releases to summarize in a page
>>> the testing that all contributors/committers do in anticipation of the
>>> release, plus any "new" testing that may become relevant for the newer
>>> releases. Doing so would make it easy to create a check form or or email
>>> template that what we feel should be done to guarantee a stable release.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Hugo

>> stigdoessing@gmail.com>

>> loose,