storm-dev mailing list archives

From Ethan Li <ethanopensou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Next 2.x release
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2019 19:50:07 GMT
Currently we don’t have a 2.0.x-branch and master is actually “2.0.1-SNAPSHOT”.

So if we  do a 2.1.0 release,  we will create a 2.1.x-branch based on current master, release
from there. And we change master to “2.2.0-SNAPSHOT”.

But we will have one problem: we will lose 2.0.x release line.

There are two things I can do:

1) create a 2.0.x-branch based on v2.0.0 tag.

2) ignore it. If there is an issue with 2.0.x release,  ask users to upgrade to 2.1.0.

I prefer 1) but not sure if it’s the right way to make things right. Or please let me know
if I misunderstood something and it’s not an issue.

Btw, I am seeing the same issue with 1.x-branch. We shouldn’t have 1.x-branch. Instead,
we should have 1.2.x-branch. But this is not a problem since we will not release 1.3.x.

Thanks,
Ethan

>>> https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/3096 <
>>> https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/3096>