storm-dev mailing list archives

From Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: building master fails for tests that wait on the cluster
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2014 22:00:51 GMT
We do not have http://builds.apache.org setup for storm yet.  If you want
to set that up, we would all be vary grateful.

Master seems to build and test just fine for me on my Mac Laptop.  I¹ll
try it on a slower linux box and see if I get the same timeout as you.
Essentially what happens is that the simulated time tests are trying to
wait for the cluster to be ³idle² before going on.  We have seen some
situations where on some slower hardware for some reason the timing of the
sleep corresponds to some internal timer waking up or it is never able to
finish processing everything before the sleep finishes.  We were able to
mitigate this by sleeping for random amount of time inside of
backtype.storm.testing/tracked-wait instead of the hard coded 500ms on
master.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-storm/blob/security/storm-core/src/clj/
backtype/storm/testing.clj#L598

It might be worth trying to pull that into master.

As for IDE setup.  I really want to find the time to spend getting
Intellij up and running well, but I have been too busy with other things
and I end up just using whichever text editor I have handy.

- Bobby