storm-dev mailing list archives

From jeff saremi <jeffsar...@hotmail.com>
Subject More in-depth documentation
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2014 14:36:25 GMT
Are there more documentation on the inner workings of the following? I have read the intro's
and things are still not that clear to me:

- how nimbus, worker processes and supervisors work? how/what they interact about with ZooKeeper?
How do they find out if a spout is not responding?

- DRPC server? What guarantees the availability of this one? is this also managed by the supervisors/nimbus?
Or are we on our own on this one?

- Overall is the Request/Response is an appropriate model for Storm? If so why can't a spout
be used in placed of a DRPC server?

- How is the completion of a bolt task is determined? Especially if grouping is involved?