storm-dev mailing list archives

From jeff saremi <jeffsar...@hotmail.com>
Subject The role of supervisor in Storm
Date Sun, 06 Jul 2014 15:20:10 GMT
I posted another note earlier asking for hints and links on in-depth architecture documentation.
I didn't get any responses. Which probably means I am the only one with this problem.
So i'll just go ahead and ask specific questions:

What is the role of the supervisor? I know that it starts and stops the worker processes.
But does it monitor them? how? Who monitors the supervisor itself if it goes down? Launching
something with "%java storm something" is referred to as launching the item (nimbus) under
supervision. Can anything be launched like that? Is Supervisable an interface? or a protocol?

I tried reading the supervisor's code but it looked like hieroglyphs to me.

thanks
Jeff