storm-dev mailing list archives

From "Zhang,Anzhan" <zhanganz...@baidu.com>
Subject Sevaral questions for Strom implementation and architecture.
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2014 08:13:39 GMT
Dear all,
I have several questions during my learning of Storm implementation and architecture. Although
I read http://storm.incubator.apache.org/documentation/Home.html carefully, but I still cannot
get the answer, I am writing this email to ask your help, and any comments are very appreciated.

1.       Nimbus is singleton in a storm cluster? I think it’s single in the storm.yaml confiugration
file. As if it support more than 1, it should be configured there. If so, why Nimbus not set
to be more than 1 to let the ZK manages the leader selection of the Nimbus, then the nimbus
is HA and not SPOF? If nimbus died, who will take resposibility for restarting it?

2.       The success handling of the tuple will be updated to the task by acker. And the design
for acker is so so so excellence. My question is by how the acker will detect the failure
of the Tuple handler? Only by when ack val not == 0 when timeout?

3.       If the acker reports the failure to the Spout task, how the Spout task restart emit
the tuple? Will it choose some other worker? As if it emits the tuple to the same call stack,
it may fail at the same place.

4.       If a worker exits, who will take resposibility for restarting the worker?

5.       What’s the duty for Supoervisor? Just for starting the defined number of worker?

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards
Anzhan Zhang 张安站
Baidu