storm-dev mailing list archives

From Kang Xiao <kxiao.ti...@gmail.com>
Subject 回复: Understand the processing flow of storm
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2014 07:51:37 GMT
Hi R.RAMPRASAD

I try to answer your questions and hope that will help you.

> 1. I have a topology(1 spout and 3 bolts) and 3 machines(1 nimbus and 2
> worker nodes).Whether I want to run my topology on all 3 nodes or run on
> nimbus is enough? Is it nimbus will take care of distributing the code to
> other nodes?

Just submit your topology to nimbus and nimbus will take care of distributing the code to
worker nodes.

> 2. My spout will run on nimbus or any of the worker nodes?

Spouts and Bolts will all run on worker nodes.

> 3. The 3 bolts are run on 3 separate nodes or run on same node? is it will
> take care by nimbus?

Spouts and Bolts will run in workers. Workers will distribute evenly on worker nodes. If you
specify enough workers eg. 4 workers in your case, they will run on separate nodes.

> 4. How do we track processing of bolt in nodes?
Storm UI keep track of tuple emit/ack/fail count of spout/bolt. For more detail information
you can turn on topology debug mode and worker will log every tuple.

Your can refer to the storm documentation site: http://storm.incubator.apache.org/documentation/Implementation-docs.html

--
Best Regards!

肖康(Kang Xiao,<kxiao.tiger@gmail.com (mailto:kxiao.tiger@gmail.com)>)
Distributed Software Engineer

在 2014年2月22日 星期六,14:51,Ramprasad Ranganathan 写道: