storm-dev mailing list archives

From Ramprasad Ranganathan <ram...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Understand the processing flow of storm
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2014 06:51:15 GMT
Hi,

   I am beginner in Storm.I am trying to understand the processing flow of
storm by following questions.

 1. I have a topology(1 spout and 3 bolts) and 3 machines(1 nimbus and 2
worker nodes).Whether I want to run my topology on all 3 nodes or run on
nimbus is enough? Is it nimbus will take care of distributing the code to
other nodes?

2. My spout will run on nimbus or any of the worker nodes?

3. The 3 bolts are run on 3 separate nodes or run on same node? is it will
take care by nimbus?

4. How do we track processing of bolt in nodes?

5. Is it any documentation available to understand the complete flow of
processing a message in Storm?

--
by

*R.RAMPRASAD*