storm-dev mailing list archives

From Ramprasad Ranganathan <ram...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 回复: Understand the processing flow of storm
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2014 09:03:13 GMT
Hi,Kang Xiao

      Thank you. From your answer I understood, After submitting topology
to Nimbus node it does only distributing code and other management
works.Then the spouts and bolts are distributed evenly to worker nodes. I
have some other questions,

   - If I have only 3 machines,how 1 spout and 3 bolts will distributed to
   nodes?
   - Storm is for real time processing, If all data in the queue is
   processed, spouts and bolts will go to "Waiting" state or what will happen?
   - In following Image, If 3 bolts are distributed to each 3 nodes and
   processing parallel,how Bolt 2 will process without the result of Bolt 1?
   is it go to waiting state to receive bolt 1 result tuple?
   - Bolts process tuples synchronously or asynchronously? If 1 million
   tuples emitted by spout, each tuple process one by one?
   - If 2 tuples emitted by spout,1st bolt on node 1 process and send to
   2nd bolt on Bolt. Same way tuple 2 process on 1 bolt on 1 node and send to
   2 bolt on 2 node. Is my understanding is correct or not?

                          [image: Inline image 1]

--
by

*R.RAMPRASAD*